Saturday, January 25

DIY Card


Hi friends!
To my mind, a self-made card will always be better than a store-bought one, even if some companies produce beautiful cars for every occasion. I just feel it's more personal. So last week end I made this little card for my grand-father. It was very easy to make and I think it looks very cute! You'll need:
- paper in different colors (the paper needs to be a little thick)
- a pencil and a pen
- scissors
- a ruler and a protractor
- a glue stick
These are the dimensions I used. The only measurement you'll need to keep no matter how big or small you want your hexagons is the 60° angle. Draw an hexagon the size you want on some paper (don't use your fancy colored paper, this is just a stencil).
Place your stencil on the colored paper and trace over the outline. You can use any color you want. I would still advise not to take too many different colors. I decided from the beginning how many hexagons of each color I wanted but I guess you can also just cut 2 or 3 from each color and then decide, but you might waste some paper.
Cut all the hexagons. I chose different shades of blue and purple and ended up adding some white. My hexagons are not perfectly symmetrical but both ways work, the finished product will look a little different.
Then play around with your hexagons, placing them randomly until you are pleased with how it looks. Cut some hexagons in half or smaller to fit in the corners. After that, cut some white paper to make the base of your card, and glue everything.
Then, depending on what occasion the card is for, write a small message on another paper or directly on the card (I was afraid to mess it up!). I also drew a little bee to go with the hexagons.
And voila! You are finished and can be proud of yourself. See? it wasn't hard at all. And I guarantee you that the person you'll give this card too will be happier than if you had just bought a card!

Tell me what you color you would choose in the comment section and don't forget to follow me on bloglovin!
Love, Elsa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I read and appreciate each and every comment.