Saturday, February 22

Nail art tutorial: Ikat Nails

Hi everyone! For today, I prepared a nail art tutorial for you guys. It is quite classic since they're ikat nails but everyone has their different version of it and this is mine. It is fairly easy. You'll need: base and top coat if you like to use them, white polish (you could use a striper but a normal brush is ok), a black striper, and then you can take two colors of your choice (I chose contrasting one but similar colors can work, you just won't get the same result.)
Apply (base coat) and your base color. After it dries, draw some white diamond shapes. Don't draw them all in the middle of each nail, place some half diamonds in there too. They don't need to be absolutely perfect since we will outline them later.
Then draw smaller diamonds in the other color you chose. I chose orange. Again, don't worry about making them perfect.

Let it all dry. Then, draw small parallel lines all around the white diamond and some lines forming kind of a lozenge shape in the middle of the colored diamond (here in orange). Add some top coat if you want to make it last longer. And you're done! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
And below is a picture of ikat nails I made last year with the same colors. First, terrible picture quality, then wiggly nail art, and last, I didn't wash around my nails so there are little spots of nail polish. 2014: a year for improvement! There is always room for improvement :) So if you have this result trying your hand at ikat nails, don't feel bad. You WILL get better. The nails shown today were only the second time I made ikat nails and they are already way better (at least in my opinion).
And if your first ikat nails are beautiful well congratulations! You are officially a nail artist! (or I used to be very bad, I don't know) ;)
If you use this turorial, give me a link in the comments, I'd love to see your recreations. If you use these in a blog post, please credit. Tell me what you think in the comments. Also, you can ask me questions or tell me what you would like to see more/less on my blog. I always enjoy feedback and I am totally ok with criticism, as long as it's constructive. And follow me on bloglovin if you want to be aware of new posts.
Love you all! Elsa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I read and appreciate each and every comment.